Looking to buy a diamond? Then the very first decision you will have to make is whether you wish to buy the diamond (or diamonds) loose or already fitted in a piece of jewelry. A lot of people prefer to purchase a piece of jewelry that comes equipped with a diamond. This saves a considerable amount of time and there is no need to focus on fitting the diamonds yourself. On the other hand, buying cheap loose diamonds, combined with a piece of jewelry in which you can manually fit the diamonds yourself, will offer you an opportunity to create your own jewelry, which is much more personal than, for example, an engagement ring that has been purchased with a diamond already fitted at the top. In this guide, we’ll take a look at some essential factors that you should consider when you buy diamonds loose, as well as some pros and cons that you gain when you choose to buy loose colored diamonds over jewelry pieces.
Loose Vs. Fitted
First, let’s take a look at some benefits and, of course, drawbacks that you need to consider when you choose to buy loose diamonds, as compared to jewelry that has already been fitted with a diamond.
- You get the opportunity to create a unique engagement ring, set of earrings of any other type of jewelry you wish to create.
- The 3 piece jewelry sets will be much more personal as it is something that you created with your own hands.
- Buying each piece for your creation separately can save you a lot of money in the end.
- The major drawback to buying diamonds loose is the fact that the process of designing your own piece of jewelry can be quite complicated and it can take a considerable amount of time.
- It can also be somewhat harder to find suppliers that can supply you with high-quality diamonds loose at an affordable price.
What You Should Consider When Buying Diamonds Loose
Now that you know the benefits and drawbacks of buying diamonds loose as opposed to buying jewelry that already contains diamonds, you have a better idea of whether or not buying these stones loose really is the best option for you. If you do decide to buy these diamonds loose, then you should take the following tips into account:
- The carat weight of loose diamonds is probably the most important factor you have to decide on. The more a diamond weighs, the more jewelry diamond earrings costs, naturally. First decide on the weight of the diamond you want to purchase, and compare this to your budget. There’s no use in planning to buy a two carat diamond if your budget only allows for a 0.5 carat diamond.
- Apart from the carat weight, you also need to consider the other particular aspects that are inspected when a diamond is graded. This include the clarity, color and cut grades of the diamond – they also have an effect on the pricing of the raw diamond jewelry and on how the diamond will look.
Buying diamonds loose is a great way to create a unique piece of jewelry. A lot of men like to buy loose diamonds and then custom makes a piece of jewelry for their loved ones – such as a unique engagement ring they would like to use when they propose to their loved one. This offer men the benefit of having a more personal gift to present to their loved one when it comes to the proposal, but, at the same time, there are some other factors that should also be considered before you decide to buy your diamonds loose.